Sunday, August 1, 2010

Final Conclusions

This blog didn't evolve into something I can hand to another teacher so they can follow it and create a Book Trailer using iMovie.  I meant it to go in that direction, but just like computers the blog and the project had a mind of their own and created their own path.


Now that I'm finished, I've decided it doesn't bother me because I think iMovie is a bit much for the average (I said average , not G/T ) elementary school child who attends a north of the freeway school and hasn't home access to the latest and greatest techno toys. 


Creating this Book Trailer took me at least 12 hours.  I'm fairly computer savvy and very focused when it comes to working with technology  - other words, I am not a distractable 9 year old.  There is no way a classroom teacher in a north of the freeway school can devote 12+ hours of class time to creating Book Trailers.   Animoto gives you the same effect in 1/4 of the time.  


Final conclusions are  that I'm going to spend some time with iPhoto to see if it's a bit more intuitive.  And that I'd better find and sign up for an iMovie class.  ASAP.

3 comments:

  1. Originally, I, too, wanted to try an i-movie, but the learning curve was just too great for the amount of time I had. Like you, I will try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice posting...Like the way you work...
    Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete